The first Pennsylvania Women Veterans Symposium was a resounding success.
On March 8 - 10, 2013, the Department of Military and Veterans Affairs, in cooperation with the Pennsylvania Veterans Foundation, conducted the first-ever Pennsylvania Women Veterans Symposium. The 2013 Symposium was held at the Wyndham Gettysburg, 95 Presidential Circle, Gettysburg, PA 17325.
The Pennsylvania Women Veterans Symposium reached its capacity and exceeded estimates of veteran participation.
About 250 Pennsylvania women veterans from across the Commonwealth registered for the Symposium. These veterans represent all branches of the Armed Forces. They served in all periods from World War II to the present.
The Symposium was informative, morale building and fun! It featured exciting, dynamic and important guest speakers as well as breakout sessions on a variety of topics of particular interest to women veterans. Click here to see a list of presentations with links to the PowerPoint presentations. The event kicked off with a welcome reception at 5 p.m. on Friday, March 8. General sessions and breakout sessions were held on Saturday, March 9 and Sunday morning, March 10. The event concluded at about 11 a.m. on Sunday.
The Symposium welcomed Pennsylvania women veterans from any period of service. It provided women veterans with the information they need about VA benefits and healthcare. It also provided an opportunity to meet fellow vets and build camaraderie and morale even as you attend informative briefings and discussions.
The Pennsylvania Veterans Foundation sought sponsors, donors and exhibitors to support the Inaugural Pennsylvania Women Veterans Symposium.
Our Sponsors The Pennsylvania Veterans Foundation expresses its gratitude to the following organizations for their donations in support of the Pennsylvania Women Veterans Symposium.
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 8896 (East Berlin)
- Pennsylvania National Guard Associations
- American Legion Post 223 (Shippensburg)
- Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 436 (Downingtown)
- Final Salute, Inc.
- United Concordia Companies
- American Legion Post 101 (Carlisle)
- Disabled American Veterans - Pennsylvania
- Vietnam Veterans of America - Pennsylvania State Council
- Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 542
- Veterans of Foreign Wars - Pennsylvania State HQ
- Veterans of Foreign Wars Post 1463 (Lititz)
- Military Officers Association of America (MOAA)
- PA Department of Education State Approving Agency
- Drexel University
- Giant Food Stores
- AAA School of Trucking
- Central Penn College
- Valley Foods
- Harrisburg University
- Benchmark Therapies
- Pink Zebra
- Penn State Milton Hershey Medical Center
- Smeal College of Business/PSU
- Lourdes Health System
- Major General Eric Weller
- Patricia Griffin, PhD